In Windows 10 Cortanan and many other Microsoft services like Bing use your recent searches and history to customize their search recommendations for you. Now if you don’t want your personal data to be stored in your Microsoft account you can clear it out in few simple steps.You can also learn about Syncing your Settings in Windows 10.
For deleting your information from Cortana and from your Microsoft account you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to navigate to https://www.bing.com/account/personalization in your browser.
- Now if prompted you need to sign in with your Microsoft account.
- In the next step you need to click the Clear button under Interests for deleting your saved favorites as well as interests for MSN, Bing and Cortana. Interests include news clips, finance, flights and weather which you have added to your Microsoft account like with interest tiles on the Bing homepage.
- Now you need to click on Clear for confirming your choice.
- Click on the Clear button located uder “Other Cortana Data and Personalized Speech, Inking and Typing.” This will clear all the information asved from your calendar, location, contacts and browsing history.
- Now again you need to click Clear to confirm.
- Now you need to follow the other links on the page for clearing and managing additional saved info like your saved places in Bing Maps, Bing search history and saved info for Outlook, Microsoft Advertising, OneDrive and Xbox.
- Now when you clear the personal information, Cortana and other Microsoft services will be more limited in providing you personalized recommendations. You will also have to go back to the personalization page again after using the services to clear out any new information saved to your Microsoft account.